Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Can you imagine?

                                             my daughters onesie

my shirt

Pulled these clothes out of my dirty hamper to wash and found these holes... I knew it was the mice but was a little confused they would eat clothes! I did a little research and talked to a exterminator and found out they do this sometimes, but not sure why...., for some reason they loved chewing holes through my daughters clothes especially, this could've been the mouse that was pregnant and trying to make a comfortable nest for her babies, this particular mouse made a burrow in my kitchen under the cabinets, I heard her as she chewed all night...I'd run in there and turn the lights on but I'd see nothing and as soon as I'd walk away the chewing continued...

I found them eventually and set sticky traps right in front of my bottom corner cabinet, one by one I killed one mouse per a day for seven days....she ended up having her babies of course because most of the mice were not even as big as my pinky finger......I would say gross but this was my life, up close and personal with mice every day....and to think I'd never seen a mouse in my life until now...

2 comments:

  1. That's terrible that you had to live like that. & its sad that nothing was done. don't know if you will see this , but I'm currently living here and have been for a couple months , and I've never seen mice nor roaches (as other people say they have) its clean here and I love it. I've read all the reviews about this place and only a couple were good reviews. When I came here to apply a couple months back , I asked the lady (I can't remember her name) in the leasing office about the rodent problem & she simply replied , "Only the nasty people are the ones complaining , because if you keep your house clean you wouldn't have a rodent problem". I thought that was so unprofessional of her. Some people have to suffer because of their unclean neighbors bringing rodents into your home! I've talked with my neighbors and they have said they aren't having problems either , I know this post is from 2012 maybe just maybe they take a little more pride in helping the tenants . If I ever have a problem here I will leave in a hurry. Thank you for the review I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so happy you were lucky enough to be in a building with no pests! and trust me I loved it too had it not been for the mice I would be there to this day... I myself am a neat/clean freak and can absolutely say it doesn't have anything to do with being nasty mice seek shelter weather your clean or dirty that's what they really care about, the good thing is if the building is reasonably sealed...they can't get in...there is obviously easy access to some of the buildings on the outside, but thank God your living in peace! thanks for your post

      Delete